College Visit: USC
So, I visited USC and fell in love with the school. I took a campus tour and I was blown away. While I was there, I was told that USC is in the top 25 academically and athletically. I thought that this was awesome. Academics, primarily, are most important to me; however, I am a big sports fan, so learning this fact only made me like the school that much more. While I was there I was told that there is a 9:1 teacher-to-student ratio. This number is very important to me because small class rooms means that I will really have my voice be heard and there will be in class discussions which is very important to me. I was told that they guarantee that you will graduate in 4 years no matter what desperate measures that means need to be taken. I was told that one girl needed a certain class to graduate that no one signed up for. Normally you would think that she just wouldn't be able to take the class. Instead, she took the class and for her that meant meeting with the professor three times a week in a coffee shop to discuss the subject. This blew me away. It seems at USC that they truly care about their students and also the "Trojan family". To me this is critical and I was very happy to hear all of this. In addition, for the Communications and Journalism school that I applied to, they are renovating and creating an entire new building with state of the art equipment that will be ready to use at the start of my freshman year. How perfect. However, I think I want to switch majors and study film at USC, where it is known as the best film school in the world. It would be my dream to attend this school.
No comments:
Post a Comment